I had the beginning of a blog post started earlier at work. But my attempts to email it to myself at home, caused me to accidentally delete it...DARNIT!! So now, I'm going to make the attempt to recreate it off of memory...oh boy.
Every year I make the attempt to make a resolution I think I can stick too. This year is no different. However, I think this years resolutions will be achievable. Because, I know you're dying to know, I'll list them for you.
- Start taking the home study course from NGS. I want to start doing my genealogy research correctly to insure my information is accurate. Maybe one day, I'll become certified.
- Research Trips. I'm planning to take one in a few months to NC to take pictures of the cemetery on Mill Pond Road.
- Treat my genealogy and family unity projects as a career. A career being different than a job of course. Career is something you want to do. A job is what you do to get by.
- Get more into promoting my blog. I love the fact that I can do a search for 'Spence Lowry' on Google and Yahoo and my blog is the first to pop up.
- Get organized. (Thanks to Msteri for the link) My records are some of everywhere and I have no real organization. More like, 'I know where it is' organized.
- Post to my blog more constantly. The past few months I got caught up with doing a family reunion letter and creating a database for the family, that I let the genealogy slide a bit. I'm getting back on that horse soon!\
- Possibly graduate my blog to a Wordpress blog. I've noticed alot of people with wordpress blogs and I love what they can do with them. I have a domain name, I just need to look into it a little bit more.
- Only buy the foods I really plan on cooking. So many times I end up with meat in the freezer that eventually gets thrown out due to freezer burn. From now on, I will cook everything before I buy new. I think I'll save more money that way.
- Get organized. Yeah...home is a tad unorganized....still on the philosophy of 'I know where it is'. I need to do better!
- Pay off bills.
- Eat healthy. Hopefully lose weight. But seriously eat healthier.
- um...that's about it.