Tuesday, August 18, 2009

To-Do List: DO IT NOW!

I’ve been so scatter-brained lately. There are so many things to do that I can’t focus on one to get started. So, I decided to write a to-do list to help me get moving.

  • 1. Update family database. I have some addresses I need to update.
  • 2. Work on September newsletter. It’s nowhere near completion and due to be mailed out by September 15th. *sigh*.
  • 3. Make phone calls to a new cousin in TX to get his family info.
  • 4. Export database to get the birthdays for the coming quarter (September –November). I add this to the newsletter to recognize family.
  • 5. Scan pictures and documents received on my last trip to NC.
  • 6. Send document and picture of ancestor to cousin. It’s a surprise. The family doesn’t think she’s ever seen the document and picture of her parents. They think she should have them. Don’t worry, they’re scanned.
  • 7. Upload my images to a reliable image hosting site. Especially for times like these where my laptop is out of commission due to my cat eating the charger. Still waiting for my new one to be delivered. I was thinking of using Google for my images…
  • 8. Learn WP. I really want to move this blog to a WP blog and incorporate my family tree online for the family to view. I understand that WP is more customizable than Blogger. But, I’m just so comfy on my Blogger platform..it’s hard to leave.
  • 9. I know I’m forgetting something.
  • 10. Now I know, plan the 2010 family reunion in Orlando. I need to decide on where in Orlando we’re going to have it.
  • 11. My genealogy friend, Our Georgia Roots, reminded me that I need to be posting to all the online boards. I hadn't been doing that. So, when I get my charger, I'll make more of an effort.

So, right now, I’m working 1, 2 & 4 items on my to-do list since they go hand in hand.

10 comments:

  1. Wordpress is that deal!! If you need help switching over and all that good stuff I can help you out!

    Honestly, once you get it up, ready to go and comfy with it you will be like ummm why didn't I do this!

    Let me know if I can help.. Oh and I'm making my to do list AS WE SPEAK... Thanks for the inspriation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Progress in motion! Lovinnnn it!:-)

    Luckie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!!! I plan on working on it soon!

    glad I inspired you to work on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on WP and think it's really limited for what I want to do. I wish I'd known that I can't have cool badges like the ones that you have over there on your right margin.

    As a result, I think mine lacks visual personality. This is my 3rd platform, first that's free. I've still been thinking of moving to Blogger, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. waitfamily, its very easy to do the samthing using the text widget in your wordpress.com blog. Just add a text widget and paste the html you want to apear in the side bar of your theme.

    http://support.wordpress.com/widgets/text-widget/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make to do lists for EVERYTHING, I used to be really disorganized until I started making them - it reminds me of what I actually need to get done and it feels great to check things off of my list! I've been using springpad to organize everything - packing lists, shopping lists, weekly meal plans - it's a great way to keep track of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What part of NC were you in? These to do list really come alive once you put them online for the world to see. It's almost as if you really have to stick to it after that...I have one on my blog too...I need to make some changes on it (as some of the things listed were only relevant to my living in Chicago). But yeah, this looks good...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will have to look at Springpad. Thanks.

    Cheron - I was in Elizabeth City. Most of my family is from there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. waitfamily - From the WP blogs that I've seen, they're not at all limited. But they're more technical than Blogger. Think there is a big learning curve.

    ReplyDelete

Three Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide